Solved: Format Hard Drive for External use

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Marjnal

I have an 80Gig Maxtor HD I want to use with a new usb external enclosure. The drive is recognized when installed as an additional drive in my computer. Can I use the device manager to format it so it will be recognized when connected as an external drive? Or is there another process that is needed for formatting.

Thanks, Al:)

Right-click Computer, Manage, Disk Management. Right-clcik the drive and remove all partitions so all the space is unallocated. Create partitions the sizes you want and format. Change drive letters, if you want.

It's pretty simple, huh?

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.