1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: format painter problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by costagin, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costagin

costagin Thread Starter

I have a problem with the format painter in Excel 2002 with service pack three. I'm running XP professional with service pack three.
    Excel is part of the Microsoft Office XP Small Business suite.

I want to make the font change color in cell K9 if K8=0. I use the formula =$k8=0 and that works fine with conditional formatting. If I try to use the format painter to copy that format to cells k10 thru k13 it doesn't work. Cell k10 conditional format gets set to =$9=0 and cell k11 conditional format gets set to =$k10=0 and so on. I've also tried it without the $ in the formula.

How can I make the formatting in cells k10:k13 accept the same formula as cell k9 instead of each one being incremented one cell number so it's format in based on the value in the one before it?

To use the formatter I click on it and then go to cell k9, press the left mouse button and drag down to cell k13. When I release the button those cells formatting change as I described above. I have also tried starting at cell k10 and dragging down and I get the same results.

I reinstalled the entire Office suite and the results are still the same.

Thank you for your help.

Robert

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice