Solved: Formats : NTSC & PAL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JUPITERSSUN

Does NTSC format & PAL format work the same on the platform PC, or is it not an issue being playstation and xbox and other systems, Jargon.

And pc-dvd rom , pc-cd rom whats the diff, all the same on pc-?

Just a simple Q for a difficult mind:)

I think that NTSC is used in US, Japan,Mexico and Canada and is 352x240 resolution and has 30 frames with around 525 lines and PAL is used every where else and is set at 352x288 with 25fps...As for if it works on the PC platform, it depends if the device is able to play back "both" PAL and NTSC as alot of newer consumer electronic devices (DVD players and TV's) are both PAL and NTSC compatible. I'm not sure how Playstation and Xbox handles that..I think they might keep the NTSC on NTSC and PAL on PAL and not compatible, but I'm not sure..

Not sure if this is answering your other question, but a PC-DVD Rom is a DVD and a PC-CD Rom is a CD..since most players are "superdrives" that can play both CD/DVD's, the main difference between the two now-a-days is really just the capacity that it can hold and the read/write speeds..

hope this helps!

JUPITERSSUN

HEY Thankyou,
Every little bit helps , I was looking to buy a game online and i ran in to that Q ?. Thank you again:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online