1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Formatted Seagate External to FAT32

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by otherkid89, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. otherkid89

otherkid89 Thread Starter

Ok guys, i formated my external hardrive into FAT32 but i cant seem to find it anywhere on my computer.. its not listed on My Computer and i can not find it anywhere. My goal was to use it to play films through my ps3 but i cant put any films on the har drive because i cant find it anywhere. As you have noticed its quite stressful and worrying since i cant find it. any ideas? thankyou.

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

How and where did you format it?

Does it appear in disk management? I assume you are running XP or Vista?

3. otherkid89

I used a random formatting program online which i major regret BUT i then downloaded a Seagate application which found the hard drive and turned it into FAT32 but also a hard drive device rather than a removeable device. is this right?

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

Hard drive should be fine. I guess you need the FAT32 for the PS3? I don't know much about those.

5. otherkid89

It's all turned out ok. It works on the PS3 fine.. except a couple of films which are corrupted data on the ps3 but as i say, only a few films that are corrupt. cheers for the help :)

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

You're welcome. You can mark this solved at the top.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!