Tech Support Guy banner

Solved: Formatting Rules

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hello all, This is my first question so that I can actually ask my question. Where are the rules for formatting located?

#3 ·
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by formatting. Are you asking about BB (also known as VB) code?

If so, yes there is a rule about excessive formatting on the rules page. Did you read the rules page?

Here's that particular section:
Misuse of vB Code - Over-use or misuse of vB Codes may be held as an offense at moderators' discretion. This would include particularly annoying, large, flashing, or otherwise unnecessary over-use of such special features.

#5 ·
yes, Cookiegal I have read the rules and more than that I have visited quite often through search terms. I'm above the age of consent by a few years and know how to conduct myself in public. As far as formatting is concerned, the only use I make of it is breaking up the text so that it is somewhat easier to read. I have yet to learn twittering. Thank you for your concern.

#6 ·
There's no need for sarcasm. I was only trying to help understand what you were asking.

You should have been more specific and asked about what you really wanted to do. I've edited your post for excessive formatting. There's no need to insert a line after every sentence for page breaks. That's what paragraph returns are for and those lines are very distracting, actually making the post more difficult to read.

#8 ·
Yes, it will be a "blob", as you call it, if you don't make any paragraph breaks. Just hit your Enter key twice wherever you wish to have a paragraph break.

Doing so will make it look like this where you have an extra line of space between paragraphs to make it easier to read.

#9 ·
Dear Cookiegal,

I like being called dear.

So by returning twice it will give me a paragraph break.

This a going to be embarrassing if my note here doesn't turn into a one paragraph, hard to read mess.

So I have hit the return twice on each one of the lines.

And let me apologize if I seemed snarky before.

josewails

#10 ·
Apology accepted but don't expect me to call you "dear" any time soon. I just don't think we're "there" yet. :D

So it looks like you've gotten the hang of it now. The only comment I'd add is that it doesn't have to be after every line as a paragraph generally consists of more than one line or sentence. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.