1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: forum post please help

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by ms_khw, Jan 27, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Back in July I posted asking for some input on a site that I had created. This morning I received a rather panicked telephone call from my client because she had come across a listing on google that revealed part of that posting from here. It was listed right below her site info. Her concern was the fact that someone (in her frame of mind) had been going through her site and critiquing it. I might add that she screamed at me: " they are going through my site and posting negative comments, what will people think of my business?!" I was horrified to say the least, and it took quite some work to calm her.

I didn't know that by asking for help here on the forums about a web site, that the feed back would be found online elsewhere. Is this a norm? Could you possibly remove that posting? I'm sure that there's not much that we can do now that its already out there. It was posted on 17-Jul-2005, 06:57 PM - need thoughts on this site with thanks, msk
    This is what she came across:

2. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

this is an image of the page, I couldn't find it myself, so I had her send this to me.

Attached Files:

3. xgerryx

xgerryx

Its a good reminder of pitfalls of posting links or emails unintentionally.

Hit the report button and see if those posts can be edited. Even if they are edited it could still take a while for google to forget them.

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

5. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

How do I pm one of the mods? So true, a lesson for the learning. In the future if I need some input on a site that I'm working on, I won't post any open info here/email/site address, I'll find a way around doing that.
    thanks msk

6. xgerryx

xgerryx

Hit the little red tri-angle top right of the first post in this thread.

7. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Now I really feel silly. What triangle? All that I see are the numbers to the right of the posts? I think I've been working too long today.:eek:

8. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Sorry, I put my glasses on! There is a world out there!lol

9. xgerryx

xgerryx

Sounds like you are having one of those days :eek:

Don't worry, it'l all come right tomorrow :D

10. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

I do believe I am.:( As for tomorrow, I'm hopeful. Thanks for your help.

11. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi ms_khw

As requested, I have removed the thread from the board.

12. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You do realize, that once information gets into a search engine like Google, that it takes quite a while before it "filters" out, right?

13. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Thank you, thank you so much! Yes I know that it can take some time before it is dropped, but shhhhhhhh, we won't say anything about that.;)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice