Solved: Forum Posting Approvals

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ladyhawk0

This problem is so dumb it's taken me days just to get up the nerve to ask about it. On the forum that I am creating, when a member post something, instead of being immediately visible, it goes to the Moderator Control Panel to wait for approval. http://www.animelaneforum.com/index.php Right now I'm just in the testing phase as far as the forum goes, but once I'm up and running, I'm going to be too busy to have to read and approve postings from every single member. I don't have that kind of time. I have looked all over the Moderator Control Panel and all over the Administration Control Panel, and I can't find a way to make it stop. Told you it was dumb. Where ever it is I need to go to put a stop to this crap is probably going to be obvious and upfront and I just keep missing it, but I swear I just can't find it. Please advise. TIA

etaf

Wayne
does this help
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/moderatorguide/moderator_queue.php

The MODERATION QUEUE is an area where topics and posts which need to be approved are listed. If a forum or user’s permissions are set to MODERATOR QUEUE via the Administration Control Panel, all posts made in that forum or by this user will need to be approved by an administrator or moderator before they are displayed to other user
Full user index here http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/index.php?from=submenu

Ladyhawk0

Yes. That helped a lot and I learned a lot about how permission work. I even created a test account and played around with it to see how much control I had over certain sections. Thank you so much.

etaf

Wayne
your welcome (y) - if you could now mark the post solved - button at top of your first thread
Thanks

Ladyhawk0

I don't know if everyone else is having this problem, but the board only comes up in text, so I don't see the solve button right now.

etaf

Wayne
you should see a "mark Solved" button
are images appearing on other sites OK ?

Ladyhawk0

Hi Etaf. I know what button you're talking about, but I haven't seen anything but text since I went on the site last night. It's showing all of our messages in text form. No "mark solve" button.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online