1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Found New Hardware Wiz Annoying Pop Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Michi702, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi702

Michi702 Thread Starter

I had trouble installing a lexmark printer. When I used the set up CD, it never seemed to fully install the driver, so I resorted to using the Printer Wizard on Windows XP. Big mistake. The printer works fine and when I look in the control panel I can see the printer there. However, the Found New Hardware Wizard keeps popping up every 5-10 seconds saying:
    'Cannot install the hardware. There was a problem with the following device (Lexmark Series 2300 Printer) An error occured during installation of this device. The system cannot find he file specified. Click finish to close the Wizard.'

I have clicked 'finish' numerous time to no avail. In fact, the problem was so bad that I had to get off my PC (where I was installing the printer) and use my lap top just to get online and write this!

I just shouldn't be allowed to be near technology...

2. GripS

GripS

3. Michi702

Michi702 Thread Starter

I've tried numerous ways of downlaoding the driver but to no avail. I've used the CD, that web page, and even the lexmark.com download. I can get the printer installed fine, but that same pop up keeps coming back no matter what!!

Any advice? :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice