Solved: Found New Hardware_USB Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dino80

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2045 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76285 MB, Free - 52726 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0N6381
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Everytime I reboot my computer I get a message that says "Found New Hardware_USB Device.
I have only 5 USB devices attached to my computer, and they are all running properly with no problems.
When I open my Device Manager, under "Other Devices" it shows a yellow question mark by "USB Device."
How can I get this message from appearing each time I reboot? Or, how can I identify which USB port is
causing the problem? Device Manager says, there are no drivers loaded for this device.
Thanks,
Dean

Oddba11

Jim
The yellow question mark indicates a device is missing drivers. The drivers are either missing or not installed properly, thus every time Windows loads it sees the hardware and wants to install the drivers.

Determine which device is causing the message and reinstall the drivers.

dino80

Thanks for the quick reply Oddball.
It was my Drive A...Thanks for the help.

Dean

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online