1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Frame drops in any game after ~10 minutes

Discussion in 'Games' started by SuperBenas, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SuperBenas

SuperBenas Thread Starter

Hello Tech Support Guy Forum!
    This is my first post, so i am very sorry if i make any mistakes.
    Straight to the point: I have about 2 year old computer, that as far as i remember used to run pretty smoothly. I can't tell the exact date when it started, but right now it is very obvious, since it happens every time when i try to play any game. For example: I turn on CS:GO and in first few minutes - FPS: 300, then after some time it drops to around 100 FPS. I have latest drivers, my GPU temps and usages are all good when gaming, i clean my computer every day and i have ran multiple virus scanning programs.
    System Specs:
    GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti 4GB
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Looking for help :)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

You have missed one of the most important parts for a gaming machine ... the power supply. What is the exact make, model and wattage of yours?

What is the make, model and revision of the motherboard?

Is this a prebuilt system like a HP, Dell, Acer etc or a self / custom build? If it's prebuilt what is the make and model and has any hardware been changed or upgraded?

You say the temps are OK, but what exactly are they? What software are you using to check them? I ask as it is quite common for people to say their temps etc are OK when infact they are not :) Not saying this is the case for you but always good to check.

What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?

What do you mean by you 'clean your computer every day'? Do you mean physically cleaning it inside and out or do you mean software clean up programs?

3. SuperBenas

SuperBenas Thread Starter

Hey Tanis,
    I have resolved the problem, as today my friend has cleaned my computer and also my power supply cord of the computer was very wiggly, so i fixed that by pushing the power cord strong and deep and it seems that right now all of my games are not getting the frame drops that they used to have before. I would highly say, that i could have been the dust on the computer since there was allot of it when we blew it out.
    I hope this helped someone out there. :)
    Ben

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Glad you got it sorted.

Dust can cause lots of problems, it acts as an insulator around heatsinks and other components, then the system overheats etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice