1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Free Benchmarking Software?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by websquad, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. websquad

websquad Thread Starter

This may not be the correct Forum for this thread, but moderators should feel free to relocate ...

Is there any free Benchmark software available? Decades ago PC Magazine used to give there benchmark software away (would even mail you a CD if you didn't have an ISP) ... but that was then.

I'm looking for some that would have an indication of what other "benchmark" systems score?

Any ideas?

2. Jones

Jones

3. websquad

websquad Thread Starter

Thanks, Jones .... I'll give PCMark05 a try .... :)

4. Jones

Jones

PCMark is good, but it's designed more as a 'general system benchmark'. If you're testing the system that's indicated in your PC specs, I'd try 3Dmark06 as well. This is one of the standard testing programs used by gamers to compare their machines.

5. websquad

websquad Thread Starter

I am using the system specified in my profile; however, I have no interest in gaming, but in running PhotoShop as fast as possible and converting WMA to MP3 as fast as possible, all at the same time while doing a few other things (I have strange work habits ... not to be dignified with work flow).

I just wanted to see how my system stacked up.

One metric that I'd like to keep around is that it takes 1:05 to do a cold boot until everything is loaded!

bob
    <><

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice