Solved: Free DOS - Installation Time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Has anyone here ever installed Free DOS? I'm installing it on a Virtual PC, and I'm coming up on about 30 minutes of hitting Enter to continue, and it's consumed 200MB of drive space. Just how long, and how much space, does this thing take up? With MS-DOS, I would have been done 25 minutes and about 198MB ago.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Apparently it's about 35 minutes and 215MB.

Just needed a little patience...

hey mind letting me know how free dos works? can you burn it to cd & make a bootable dos command prompt from the cd?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
What is included in Free DOS? Don't have any experience with it, but 200mb seems to be a LOT of space for DOS! :D

DoubleHelix

Banned
I couldn't get it to boot properly after spending the 35 minutes, so I'm not sure what it's really supposed to look like. During the install process, there are components that indicate games, a telnet client, and maybe some productivity apps are included. It's way more than MS-DOS. There is a "basic" installation mode which installs in just a few minutes and gives only the bare bones of the operating system.

can you post a link to the basic from the site you got the other version off please? thank you very much...

DoubleHelix

Banned
It's the same ISO file. You select the installation type during the install process.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online