1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Free Maleware software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bruinator, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bruinator

bruinator Banned Thread Starter

I can't seem to get to my XP os, I was wondering if there is any SW on the net in which I can fit on a floppy put in in upon bootup and it check for malware? If so, can someone please let me know of it. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What happens specifically? Removing malware, even if that is the problem, may well not correct whatever problem you are having. The damage will remain.

But, you could try:

www.ubcd4win.com

3. Leec65

Leec65

4. bruinator

I have one but I am unaware of how to use it. If you could providesome help I would greatly appreciate it. Although I am not sure if I can get into bios unless someone could help me with some instructions. By hitting f8 I can get to a menu called windows advanced option menu. Can I get to bios from there?

5. valis

valis Moderator

can you boot to safe mode? If so, boot to safe mode and run a hijackthis log.....I'm assuming you have a thumb drive or a floppy, and you can obviously get to the internet, so the below:

Please do this:

• Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
    • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
    • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

6. Leec65

Leec65

You need to set cd to first boot in your bios then when it boot up you will see a list of tools to pick from

7. bruinator

I can not boot to safe mode as it just reboot when i enter it. How can I enter bios please?

8. bruinator

How can i use HJT if I can't get to any windows, please?

9. valis

valis Moderator

no windows, no hjt.....to get into bios, watch the screen as it is booting up, you will see something that says 'press xx to enter setup' where xx is usually f2, or esc, or del. Press it then, and it will take you to bios. Then go to boot sequence, select cd rom as the primary boot device, and save > exit, and you should see, eventually, press any key to boot from the cd.

press the 'any' key. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice