1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Free Registry Fixing software!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bubz7471, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

Hi anyone know if there is such a program as all the ones I have tried are all trail versions with restrictions!!! Also when I boot up my PC and get to the sign in page to access my desktop my Number Lock button is always on and I have to turn it off to type in my password is there anyway to stop this as it has only started doing it recently? Cheers in advance!!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

My recommendation is as follows:

Don't fix stuff that ain't broke!

Unless you have a SPECIFIC issue, it's not wise to turn a "registry fixing" application loose.

3. guitar

guitar Banned

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Sorry, but that is just not good advice.

It's bad enough recommending one that "works for me all the time" (but may muck up your box), but to recommend a "fly by night" one!

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

They all want to screw you for $29 to fix non-existent "problems" that you could fix yourself anyway if indeed they were real problems (who cares if ".XYZ" is an unknown file extension that can't be opened by any program, if you don't have any ".XYZ" files)? Better to leave the registry alone.

6. guitar

guitar Banned

hey i'm not recommending it just answering his question he has the freedom of choice to muck up his computer its the way i learned good programs from bad from the comments its 95%(y)

7. Spider111

Spider111

If you still want to fix your registry problem which perhaps doesn't exist you'll certainly find something here.

8. ferrija1

ferrija1

There are plenty of free ways to break your computer. :) Just do a Google.

They really do no good and can render your system useless.

9. golferbob

golferbob

i echo john ,if it's not broke don't try and fix it.

10. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

11. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

See my reply in your other thread.

12. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Then you'll be interested to know that they have another great program there to be downloaded. A Memory Manager with an approval rating of 86%. And, it can Defrag ram which, since this is an architecturally impossibility, makes this program stand out even more.

Not!

13. guitar

guitar Banned

now that sounds ugly i've never downloaded anything from the site i only use tried and tested software i think his original question has been answered
    DON'T PLAY WITH REG PROGRAMS UNLESS YOUR WILLING TO DO A COMPLETE REFORMAT IF IT GOES WRONG

14. sunnyeagle

sunnyeagle

Always back up all the important stuff you want to keep. Should do that anyway. I use CCleaner to clean up and reg cleaner. I also use one I have had since Windows 98. I came across another one that "says" is pretty safe called Easyclean. You have an option to back up reg. I do it every time, but never had to go back to an older one. The two I named is free. Google will find them for you.

15. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

Have sorted the problem thanks to all and most of all Frank4d who had the solution!!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice