1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Free Web Designer with SQL Database?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Duckman69, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

Does any1 know of or use a free web designer similar to freewebs.com or something... that supports SQL database creation ? im trying to create a phpbb forum but freewebs doesnt support sql database injection so im changing services havent found anything thats gonna help me out yet tho thought maby some1 here uses a good site... thanks all...

2. dez_666

dez_666

Um..host your own Http server/sql sever? :) Thats what i'd do..but thats just me xD

http://www.my100freemb.com/

What do you get with your free hosting plan?

Does that sound like what you're looking for?

3. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

thanks for the idea im looking into something simmilar as a option now it would be alot easier to do things that way but taht site is well im havin trouble with it does any1 know of a simmilar site to that where i could host a phpbb forum on it then just send a direct link to that forum from my site, it would be alot easier im imagining

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

xenweb.net

5. jaymanson

jaymanson

freehostia.com

6. hellssuperhero

hellssuperhero

THanks guys...

7. johnandreew

johnandreew

8. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

thanks good to know for any future references or for referals but i decided to host my own server and set everything up i need that way...

9. brez

brez

10. Rockn

Rockn

Ummm....SQL injection is something you do NOT want.

11. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

you mean for vurnibility issues i know that... i was talking about something else just used weird wording for it, anyway i got all this fixed but yea i know what you mean i tested some injection code on a few sites and have seen some of the damage that can be done, thats why you gotta find upto date servers for hosting if your gonna be a big site and keep ontop of server patching

12. MMJ

MMJ Guest

SQL injection is caused by poorly written code. Its not a problem from the software.

13. Duckman69

Duckman69 Thread Starter

would you please explain that better i've had some experiance with testing vurnibilities on sites but i dont quite understand as i thought it was (depending on what your attacking php forums, main site, server, guest book, etc etc.) that these things all have there own updates now if i were to find a new flaw in php...

Then i attack a php form php might come out with an update and i cant do this anymore... now the same woul go for the guest book its again a seperately coded section and will have flaws of its own and if you have written your guest book code or downloaded and can edit your self or have there service update for you, your patched again... now some injections can target server damage and the same thing would happen...

Most ppl arent doing there own server patching as far as writing the code then updating there servers that way so i understand 1/2 of what you say because well everything is code, and if a code is broken, sure its outlook will now be it was a poorly written code, but i dont really look at things that way when im not the devloper, software is code so 1 in the same to me when im downloading a patch for my php forums so i dont get owned by some script kiddy searcher the next week

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice