Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Freeware to find files by date and TIME? Time is the key!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  j_hallgren 
#1 ·
Looking for a utility that will allow me to locate files created/modified/accessed using TIME from/to also...as i want to locate those related to a specific occurance. When using just date, I get hundreds of files so would like to isolate further.

Is anyone aware of any such program? Shareware might be ok depending on cost but free is preferred. THANKS!

#4 ·
WhitPhil: While that is true, it does not then allow me to be also sorted by filename/type, etc...so having a subset with only desired files is the better approach...and when I'm looking for needle in haystack, having a small stack is preferred.

TOGG: I have downloaded that program but have yet to install/try it...looks promising based on desc on site...thanks!

#7 ·
JohnWill: Unfortunately, your answer did not take the OS that i listed in "Experience" into account...I use W98SE on this older machine...I should have posted it as part of query but it was available anyway.

And the XP screen that you posted seems to not have time as option...I almost never see an XP system so have no knowledge of its options.

#8 ·
OK, you're right, it's just on date. :) I don't look at stuff like the Experience, since that really doesn't tell me what is actually being used. Mine lists fenceposts, but I'm actually using XP. :D

#9 ·
Finally getting back to updating this with the solution that I found back in Jan 2006!

It's a file manager program known as XYplorer from Donald Lessau!
It was a freeware/shareware but is now strictly shareware...
BUT...it's WELL worth the cost as it can do MANY things that normal Win Explorer can't do...

It can find files that were updated in the last 15 minutes, for example, which is what solved my need exactly and was the basis for this thread.

And..the developer is very active in the support forum and sometimes will make a beta version update within hours of receiving a bug report or even a wish that strikes him as easy to implement! :D Now THAT's what I call service!!

So check it out at http://www.XYplorer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.