1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Freeze after start-up, and then fine after reset

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dopplegangerguy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dopplegangerguy

dopplegangerguy Thread Starter

Hi all, hoping for any assistance as to how to fix, or even diagnose, the problem here.

This is a bit long, and I'm not sure what's related and what's not.

My issue is that when I start up in the morning, my computer will freeze after about 2 - 3 minutes. Not BSOD, but just simply freezes- and if audio happens to be playing at the time, the last few seconds will continue looping. I have to do a hard reset, and after that, everything is fine for the rest of the day.

The freeze occurs regardless of what I'm doing. I can start up and let it sit on the windows login screen, or I can actually log onto my profile and let it sit at my desktop, or I can log on and start browsing the internet/running applications/whatever. It will freeze regardless, after a short few minutes. Then, after I do a hard reset, it acts totally normally. I can run it for hours, and regardless of what applications, or how much usage vs. idle time, or whatever, I have no problems. Then I shut down for the evening, and the next morning, it happens all over again. It only happens once (very first start-up). Maybe once or twice in the month+ since this has been happening, has it frozen after that first hard reset of the day. Very rare.

I was living with the issue while I tried to figure out what the problem was until yesterday. Yesterday (after the first start up, and then hard reset), I got a red warning balloon from Avast (paid version) saying that my virus definitions had not been updated. I clicked the icon from bottom right and opened the program interface, and tried to update them manually (clicking the "update now" button). I was not able to update the definitions or the application- it kept telling me "the package is broken". I restarted, thinking maybe it would toss any temporary version of the broken definitions file, and after restart, I noticed that now a red "x" appeared over the avast icon on the bottom right. I clicked it, and it said my computer was not protected, and to click to fix the problem (click a button in the avast window- I guess this was in case I'd actually intentionally turned off the software). I clicked it, and it would not start the program- windows would give me the dialog box asking if I wanted to let avast make changes, and I would click yes, and then it would pop up again a moment later, and I'd click yes again, but nothing would happen. I used malwarebytes and ran a scan and found two infected objects, which were successfully deleted, and then (per avast forums) did a full uninstall/reinstall, and everything seemed ok. I then ran malwarebytes again, and found nothing, and let avast (with updated definitions) run a full thorough scan of my computer, and it found nothing. All was fine until this morning.

This morning it froze (this is not "most of the time", this is every single day- it seems any time the computer is turned off for more than a few hours), and after a hard reset, I got the warning again that avast could not update my virus definitions.

So, my big problem is that I have this freeze, every single day. Smaller problem(s) are that I think the hard resets are (understandably) damaging software. I don't know if there is a virus or piece of malware or something that is causing the freezes. I found a few posts around the web from people having the exact same problem, and it was traced back to an audio driver conflict, but I am not even sure how to diagnose that for myself here.

I am running:
    Windows 7 Professional x64
    Core i7 @ 2.63
    6 GB RAM
    nVidia GTX 285

I'm not sure what other information I can provide. I am sorry this is so long-winded, and I have just made a donation to this forum, because you guys have helped me in the past and are awesome and because I feel like a total schmuck not knowing enough about computers to know how to fix this myself.

Pre-emptive thanks for any assistance whatsoever.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Looks like a bad interaction between Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware at startup.

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Avast! Antivirus 6 (Free, Pro and Internet Security):

• Open Avast! antivirus and click on REAL-TIME SHIELDS on the left
    • Click on File System Shield on the left and click on Expert Settings
    • Click the Exclusions section
    • Click on Browse next to the blank entry at the bottom of the list (this will be the only entry if no other exclusions have been set yet)
    • In the Select the areas window click on the + next to C:
    • Click the + next to Program Files Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be Program Files (x86)
    • Click the box next to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on OK
    • Click OK again
    • Click on Web Shield on the left and click Expert Settings
    • Click on Exclusions and check the box next to URLs to exclude:
    • Type or copy/paste the following address:

*.mbamupdates.com
    • Click on OK

Also, for Avast! Internet Security:
    • Click on Behavior Shield on the left and click Expert Settings
    • Click on Trusted Processes
    • Click on Browse next to the blank entry at the bottom of the list (this will be the only entry if no other exclusions have been set yet)
    • Navigate to C:program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click once on mbam.exe and click Open Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be Program Files (x86)
    • Do the same for the following files:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe
    • Click on OK
    • Close Avast! antivirus
    Set Exclusions for Avast! Antivirus Free, Pro and Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
    • Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
    • Click on the Add button on the lower left
    • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on avast software and click on OK
    • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=417798

3. dopplegangerguy

Going to do an uninstall/reinstall of avast and then follow the instructions you provided.

Do you think that is what was causing the crash? Malwarebytes is not normally running, that I know of- I only use it for scans, not for real time monitoring.

4. Phantom010

I should have asked you if Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware was the free or the Pro version?

Is MBAM in your Startup programs?

5. Phantom010

6. dopplegangerguy

I have the free version of malwarebytes.

I don't recall how to check what programs load at start-up.

7. Phantom010

If you have the free version of MBAM, there shouldn't be any interaction between MBAM and Avast.

You'll need to determine which application is causing your system to freeze like that at Startup.

I'm guessing your computer isn't freezing in Safe Mode, right?

In that case, a Clean Boot procedure would probably narrow it down to the offending application. Run the procedure for both Services and Startup items. Once you've isolated the culprit, do not stay in that mode. A Clean Boot is only a troubleshooting procedure.

8. dopplegangerguy

Ok, I've gone through the cleanboot steps, but it did not result in anything- as noted, I have already done my hard reset for the day, so the computer now does not crash until it has been left off for some undetermined period of time- restarts will not produce the freeze that occurs when first powering up in the morning.

As an aside, can you recommend some sort of cleaner/uninstaller? I have glary utilities, which I thought did a pretty tidy job, but here in msconfig looking at the services and startup tabs, I see items for applications that I no longer even have installed (e.g. logmein). I deselected these items in the startup tabs and restarted, and am wondering how to remove them outright (as it is now, the general tab shows me as 'selective startup' because these items are unchecked but still present)? Do you have any idea how I can remove them completely, as they are not necessary? I have found a couple of "artifacts" I guess, from applications that I no longer use, in spite of using the control panel to uninstall them. Is there any freeware/shareware/inexpensiveware that you can point me to, to get the rest of these things cleaned out?

Back to the original topic, I can try the cleanboot, each morning going little by little, but sitting here trying as is will not produce any results, as I can restart to my hearts content without it freezing, since I have already done my "daily hard reset". I can't determine how long is the appropriate amount of time for the computer to be turned off, to result in the freezing.

Other options you can think of for me to try? Any sort of diagnostic tool I might run?

9. Phantom010

My advice is to stay as far away as you possibly can from Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... You'll only end up crippling programs and the operating system beyond repair! These programs are completely useless and will delete what they don't understand and legitimate files still in use.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows installation!

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic347491.html/page__p__1932993

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/997274-registry-got-messed-up-advanced.html

===================================================================

That being said,

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
    2- Run the program.
    3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
    4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
    5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
    6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

For Windows 7 and Vista:

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

===================================================================

1- Run HijackThis again.
    2- Click on Open The Misc Tools section from the Main Menu.
    3- Click on Open Uninstall Manager.
    4- Click on Save list...
    5- Save the text file to the desktop.
    6- Copy and paste the log from Notepad into your next reply.

10. dopplegangerguy

One issue: got an alert box. I took a screen shot- please find attached.
    [​IMG]

Log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 1:52:54 PM, on 11/16/2011
    Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\WN111v2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
    C:\Users\El Juju\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
    O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe_ID0ENQBO] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Adobe\ADOBEV~1\Server\bin\VERSIO~2.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jswtrayutil] "C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\jswtrayutil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\El Juju\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WN111v2 Smart Wizard.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\WN111v2.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Append Link Target to Existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to Existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert Link Target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O9 - Extra button: Show or hide HP Smart Web Printing - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab
    O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS4 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Server\bin\VersionCueCS4.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ASUS System Control Service (AsSysCtrlService) - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.02\AsSysCtrlService.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Firewall - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup (jswpsapi) - Atheros Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\jswpsapi.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LMIGuardianSvc - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LMIGuardianSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcS64) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Update Service Daemon (nvUpdatusService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Updatus\daemonu.exe
    O23 - Service: OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener - Unknown owner - C:\Users\Public\product\11.1.0\db_1\BIN\TNSLSNR.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 11159 bytes

11. dopplegangerguy

P.S. Lavasoft (Ad-aware) is another application that I had previously uninstalled...though I see it there on the list in the "023" section...

12. Phantom010

:)

First, disable the UAC.

Then,

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window, type the following commands one after the other, pressing Enter between each one of them:

sc delete Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service

sc delete LMIGuardianSvc

sc delete nvsvc

sc delete OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener

Then, please post a new HijackThis log.

Don't forget to re-enable the UAC when all done.

13. Samlighty

Samlighty

I am having the exact same problem - mine will freeze at other times in the day though.
    Weird thing is I have the same graphics card as you, the GTX-285. I am running Windows 7 64-bit, i7 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM. I have had this problem on and off for a long time.

I also use Avast, but nothing else.

Maybe if I post a HijackThis log as well it will make finding the problem easier, although I'm certain it's the GFX card.

14. Samlighty

Samlighty

Here's my HijackThis log:

Code:
    Scan saved at 07:38:02 PM, on 16/11/2011

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
    C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;127.0.0.1;*.local
    O1 - Hosts: --
    O2 - BHO: IDMIEHlprObj Class - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
    O2 - BHO: ContributeBHO Class - {074C1DC5-9320-4A9A-947D-C042949C6216} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS5\Plugins\IEPlugin\contributeieplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: IexploreOmea - {09628AAA-66AD-4FA2-82E2-698185B66463} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Microsoft Web Test Recorder 10.0 Helper - {DDA57003-0068-4ed2-9D32-4D1EC707D94D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.RecorderBarBHO100.dll
    O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\getflash.dll
    O2 - BHO: Hotspot Shield Class - {F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\HssIE\HssIE.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Contribute Toolbar - {517BDDE4-E3A7-4570-B21E-2B52B6139FC7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS5\Plugins\IEPlugin\contributeieplugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Omea - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D90A} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe" /nogui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IME14 JPN Setup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\IME14\SHARED\IMEKLMG.EXE /SetPreload /JPN /Log
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IME14 KOR Setup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\IME14\SHARED\IMEKLMG.EXE /SetPreload /KOR /Log
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IME14 CHS Setup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\IME14\SHARED\IMEKLMG.EXE /SetPreload /CHS /Log
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IME14 CHT Setup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\IME14\SHARED\IMEKLMG.EXE /SetPreload /CHT /Log
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OpAgent] "OpAgent.exe" /agent
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-801357853-2746331651-1708996667-1010\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-801357853-2746331651-1708996667-1010\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Clip and Edit - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll/1000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Clip and Save - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll/1001
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Mipony - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\MiPony\Browser\IEContext.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Subscribe to Feed - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll/1002
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Se&nd to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Skype Click to Call - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype Click to Call - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D901} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Omea Add-on Options… - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D901} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra button: Subscribe to Feed - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D903} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra button: Clip and Edit - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D905} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra button: Clip and Save - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D907} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra button: Annotate - {35402C01-1777-4159-9ABA-3480BA70D909} - C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\Omea Reader\IexploreOmeaW.dll (HKCU)
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
    O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=euc-jp - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=ISO-8859-1 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=MS936 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=MS949 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=MS950 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=UTF-8 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica; charset=UTF8 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=euc-jp - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=ISO-8859-1 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=MS936 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=MS949 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=MS950 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=UTF-8 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter: application/x-ica;charset=UTF8 - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter hijack: ica - {CFB6322E-CC85-4d1b-82C7-893888A236BC} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\IcaMimeFilter.dll
    O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807573E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL
    O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: ASO3DiskOptimizer - Systweak Inc., (www.systweak.com) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced System Optimizer 3\ASO3DefragSrv64.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: GladFileMonSvc - Gladinet, INC - C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\Nuance Cloud Connector\GladFileMonSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Service (hshld) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Routing Service (HssSrv) - AnchorFree Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Tray Service (HssTrayService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\HssTrayService.EXE
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Monitoring Service (HssWd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (IAStorDataMgrSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\IProsetMonitor.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LibUsb-Win32 - Daemon, Version 0.1.10.1 (libusbd) - http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net - C:\Windows\system32\libusbd-nt.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NIHardwareService - Native Instruments GmbH - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Hardware\NIHardwareService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Update Service Daemon (nvUpdatusService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Updatus\daemonu.exe
    O23 - Service: OpenVPN Access Client (OpenVPNAccessClient) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPN Client\core\capiws.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: wampapache - Apache Software Foundation - c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.17\bin\httpd.exe
    O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.8\bin\mysqld.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility (XTUService) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\PerfTuneService.exe

--
    End of file - 17960 bytes

15. dopplegangerguy

If only you'd mentioned disabling the UAC...ha ha, sorry. Thanks for the patience =)

I was able to delete all but the Lavasoft (double-checked for typos, too):

[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:
    The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

New log is:

Scan saved at 2:42:32 PM, on 11/16/2011

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\EPU-6 Engine\SixEngine.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\WN111v2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
    C:\Users\El Juju\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: SmartSelect - {F4971EE7-DAA0-4053-9964-665D8EE6A077} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe_ID0ENQBO] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Adobe\ADOBEV~1\Server\bin\VERSIO~2.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jswtrayutil] "C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\jswtrayutil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\El Juju\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3491546626-21996887-3684580958-1012\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3491546626-21996887-3684580958-1012\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'UpdatusUser')
    O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WN111v2 Smart Wizard.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\WN111v2.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Append Link Target to Existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to Existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert Link Target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O9 - Extra button: Show or hide HP Smart Web Printing - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab
    O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS4 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Server\bin\VersionCueCS4.exe
    O23 - Service: ASUS System Control Service (AsSysCtrlService) - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.02\AsSysCtrlService.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Firewall - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup (jswpsapi) - Atheros Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WN111v2\jswpsapi.exe
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcS64) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 11441 bytes

Did you need that uninstall list as well?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice