1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Freeze shortly after start

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Vulcan11, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

Working on a friends HP Model# G60-8200mg, having a problem with video drivers. Can get system to work just fine with standard vga drivers. The minute I install Nvidia drivers from Hp, Microsoft, and Nvidia, I tried all because they all recommend different versions. None work, system starts, then desktop, then freeze. Checked and found there is always a problem with memory at memory range C0000000-C0FFFFFF conflict. The Nvidia drivers all use that range. VGA drivers use a different range. I am stumped at this point.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    There is no such HP model as G60-8200MG

You apparently have a G60 series model laptop with NVIDIA GeForce 8200MG graphics.

What's the product number(P/N) and model number(M/N) on the sticker on that laptop?

------------------------------------------------------------

3. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

Sorry have a bunch notes here. Model # G60-231WM has a Nvida geforce card 8200MG

4. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

The p/n # NM345UA#ABA

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and driver downloads site for the HP G60-231WM(NM345UA#ABA) laptop.

According to its product specifications section, it has NVIDIA GeForce 8200M graphics and came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1(32-bit) installed.

This(sp40385.exe) is the graphics driver listed for it.

-----------------------------------------------------

6. Vulcan11

Vulcan11 Thread Starter

Thanks for your time and info, that driver set was the one i used from the HP website. At this point I have installed another 48 updates from Microsoft, and also have run the Microsoft Fix it. Last update was a set of Nvidia drivers from Microsoft. I took the chance and installed them. Seems to be working. I wonder if this could be from the update to SP2. All I know it is working for now.

Also one of the updates was for error in allocation of memory.

Thanks again flavallee for your time.. :) :) :) (y)

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Glad to hear you got the issue resolved. (y)

You're welcome. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice