1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Freezing/Graphics Error Plz Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DemonKingHiro, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemonKingHiro

DemonKingHiro Guest Thread Starter

Hello, I am having trouble a bit of an issue that is beyond me, recently my computer keeps freezing and (or) objects/windows become transparent or black. I am using a T3090 emachine with windows xp service pack 2, NVIDIA GeForce4 GPU. also if it helps any the program this most often occurs on is my Browser, Opera and always when I am on Chatango (which is a flash site I believe). Thank you in advanced. and let me know if there is anything else you need to know to help.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

All the Windows Updates installed? Latest version of Opera? Tried an updated graphics driver? Updated Flash?

Make sure that you graphics card is no overheating, too. Remove dust, make sure any fans are turning, move other cards away if you have alternate slots.

3. DemonKingHiro

DemonKingHiro Guest Thread Starter

Everything seems to be up to date, I use SlimDrivers to check for updates often, but I also check manually every once in awhile. One other thing I forgot to mention was I recently restored the computer to its factory defaults because I was having an insane amount of trouble installing my wireless adapter.

[edit] Installed Card Reader Driver, and Motherboard Driver Package from emachine's site, as well as upgraded to service pack 3. Haven't seen any problems so far...but I only did just install them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice