1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Frequency Out Of Range

Discussion in 'Games' started by AdrianClarke, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

that's odd... cause its ur monitor's problem, not ur video card...

2. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke Thread Starter

I've changed monitors, still the same problem.

I dont think they are syncing properly.

3. AdrianClarke

To memtest, i put it on a disk, but i just burnt the image file and not the one called BOOT, is that okay?

edit // Nevermind lol

4. AdrianClarke

This might be an embarassing question butt...what cd program should i use to create a boot-able disk, lol, nero does not have their free trial thing up and im lost lol

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

6. AdrianClarke

Well i was searching this problem over the internet andd I found one of my old posts in another site lol

This is what the BSOD message says:

ati2dvag is in an infinite loop and causes windows to shut down, starting memory dump now

and i also added that..."computer goes into a standby like mode and blue screen comes up with message"

7. AdrianClarke

Well I decided to uninstall ATI again and try the Omega 6.1 Drivers.

It seems like THAT worked!

I had used Driver Cleaner AND Cab Cleaner as well and installed Omega and it seems that I get now 25-35 FPS and I don't crash.

8. AdrianClarke

Okay well i DID get the BSOD but it was blank! No message! And also the screen just turns blank.

I am going to try to set my AGP to 4x see if that works.

But we know that we get the "ati2dvag is in an infinite loop and causes windows to shut down, starting memory dump now" and that ati2dvag is causing problems!

[edit] i was reading the internet and it was saying that "ati2dvag" crashes are caused by SP2! And I remember I installed SP2 around that time I think!

9. AdrianClarke

I cannot believe I found this...

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic15393.html

When Swiper told me to update that, he WAS on the right track. What I had to do was change it to the PCI one, and it TOTALLY worked for me! I seriously played CS: S for 3 hours straight and with awesome FPS.

If you are having the Infinite Loop problem with ATI2DVAG.dll, this will help you!

10. Swiper

Swiper

Vewwy Vewwy interesting..........

11. AdrianClarke

Lol very, it was also mind bloggling!

Thanks so much for your help everyone! I really enjoy it!

12. justin80199

justin80199

Hi ive been having a problem with my pc *but i read its something about the moniter* when i play games as soon as i start my pc shuts down and a window pops up sayin "Frequency out of range try different resolution" I tried 800 x 600, 16 color bit, putting the refresh rate to 60, updating all the video card drivers, and i also bought a new monitor but nothing has worked can someone please help me. I have a radeon 9800 pro card if thats needed to be said

13. vstsg

vstsg

I was experiencing the same problem after having installed my new graphics card (GeForce 7600 GT) upon trying to start NFS-MW. I read the former solutions and became hence aware that it might be a monitor issue. I checked for my installed monitor (Philips 109E5) driver: a default win driver was installed. So i downloaded the proper driver "109E5.INF" and the problem was solved. I hope you may solve your problem likewise.

BR

14. humanible

humanible

i hope somebody still reads this forum, i had this problem once and switching my monitor seemed to help, but just recently i updated my video card driver and all of the sudden i am getting the "frequency out of range" screen when i play games, i dont understand, i tryed rolling back my video card driver but that didn't seem to help, please let me know your solutions

i also remembered somebody saying something about "plug and play" monitor setting! mine says that how do i change this? can i change this? is this bad? thanks in advance

oh ya right what is this sp2?

15. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

Wow, its weird that you get out of range. Most likely its the refresh rate.
    Sp2 is Service Pack 2, basically the 2nd "fix" of xp.
    Try updating your new video card driver. And IF there's a driver for your screen, install it. Because it might optimize it.
    No, plug and play isn't bad.

Btw, this is an old topic! (I was sent an email, and i was confused, lol)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!