1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Frequency Out Of Range

Discussion in 'Games' started by AdrianClarke, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. humanible

humanible

umm i dont think its my refresh rate because its already at 60

2. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

so you've replaced your video card and monitor and still gets this issue?

3. humanible

humanible

ya umm, i was thinking of installing omega drivers since they worked for adrian but one of the steps says: "ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid the 60Hz RR bug." i dont know where to go to disable this DDC

4. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

don't worry about "disabiliing" ddc (i never got that error...), and if you havn't changed settings in anything, i bet teh omega drivers would install fine.

5. humanible

humanible

wow i think i fixed it without having to install the omega drivers so far at least. but if i have any troubles later then ill install omega drivers and if that doesn't work, you'll be hearing from me

6. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

lol, ok, tell us how u fixed it, so that people in the future can see how to fix it.

7. humanible

humanible

ya it didn't work lol so now im on to omega drivers : P but what i had done was just:
    1. rightclick on your desktop
    2. click properties
    3. click on the settings tab
    4. where it says display click on the drop down menu and click the option that says [default monitor]

it worked for a little while but then i crashed again

i really hope omega drivers work oh right it also says "If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI Control Panel or CCC BEFORE upgrading to these drivers"

do i just do this in add/remove programs or is there a special way?

8. humanible

humanible

i did update to omega, everything seems to be working fine and no crashes so far : ) lets hope it stays that way. if i crash again you will probably be hearing from me but ya omega drivers definetly fixed this problem so far

9. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

awesome. lets hope it doesn't crash.

10. humanible

humanible

ya now it just goes black without the frequence out of range message :(

11. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

lol. may i ask what's your new video card?

12. humanible

humanible

Radeon 9550, 512 mb

13. courtlandhui

courtlandhui

14. wrxsteve

wrxsteve

im having the same problem and its not computer hardware related... im running quad core with the latest ASUS motherboard on 2 gigs of ram on the nivida 8800gtx..... i have a 32 inch LCD and im getting that same out of range message on any resolution or refresh rate.... the problem is the lcd screen... they ****n suck... my 19 inch can handel it but anything bigger and you start getting problems on some games... i can run battlefield 2 on my 32 inch but if i try counter strike it just goes gay on me.... the problem is the lcd and the game together and some software related issues maybe driver support.... right now im doing the omega driver and ill update on you guys about it with my specs

EDIT: ok omega doesnt support vista..thats great...

15. humanible

humanible

lol i fixed this problem by buying a new monitor rofl it seriously is just a monitor problem for me because both times its happened its been with really old monitors and i just need to buy a new one and its fixed :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!