1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Frequency out of Range

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sdiako4tsg, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdiako4tsg

sdiako4tsg Thread Starter

A friend is receiving anytime he turns his PC on this error message: "Frequency out of Range". The Pc can lauch the boot process ( asking you to press F10 to access the Boot Menu or F2 for the Bios Settings) then the operating system WXP, but some how the above error message always closes the process up. Then nothing else can be seen on the dark black screen but this error message.
    This is the first time he's got this issue with his 2 years old Desktop. He thought He must have modified the screen resolution by mistake.
    I tried to run the Pc on safe mode to access the control panel, but in vain. Could you please advice

2. Sponsor

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If all else fails, use a different monitor to set the machine back to a default resolution, then boot up with the failing monitor. Remember, the monitor may have really died. :)

4. sdiako4tsg

It is a Gateway Desktop with integrated graphic Card. I ve used a different monitor, but the problem still persists. It gives the option to go on Safe Mode W/ or W/O command, but the screen comes up blank when you select any of these options( I mean nothing can be seen on the screen after u select the safe mode option). I can get into the Bios settings but I can t see any option for changing the graphic card.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you tried last good known configuration?

Also in the bios settings, can you choose load safe values?

6. sdiako4tsg

Yes the last G K config did nt help either. But I have nt tried to load the safe values in the bios settings. I will try that to see.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Let us know if that works.

8. sdiako4tsg

I could get into the Bios Settings but couldn t see the Safe values option. Maybe u can tell me how to find it into the bios settings. But when I used a different monitor today, this error mess appeared: "Analog Input. Cannot display this video Mode. Optimum Resolution 120X1024 60Hz". What I undestand now is its about the resolution. I really need help on how to lower the resolution in this PC that has an integrated Video card.

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    If there is an 'Enable VGA Mode' option on the Safe Mode menu try that.

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Ditto the above -- you should be able to boot in VGA mode.

If you can, open the Display Properties and set the refresh rate for the monitor to 60 hz.

Make sure the video resolution is compatible with what the monitor can support. 1024x768 is always a reasonable choice for a test anyway.

11. sdiako4tsg

woow. I couldn t believe by booting in VGa Mode, I was able to correct the screen resolution. That was great, guys. Thanks to all of you: Rolling' Rog, Managed, Aca Candy. I really appreciate your support. This thread can now be closed.

12. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

:)(y)

Great!

We'll just mark it "Solved" since with the upgrade you don't have that option yourself right now in the Thread Tools menu -- but look for it in the future.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/708517