1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fresh Computer Build Issues...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Razorcane, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Ok well, I recently purchased parts for my computer, and I got everything installed just fine(or so I thought)...and so when I push the power button everything comes on fine: I hear the hum of the drives and see the CPU/Video card fans running fine.

However...I plugged in my monitor to both DVI and VGA, and I'm not getting a signal. The monitor works fine, I played it on my Xbox 360 via HDMI, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

But there is no image on my monitor...
    Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130509
    Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824113018

If you need any more info let me know. I just really want to get this thing working.

2. darkwade

darkwade

did you buy a cheap mother board possibly foxcon or msi most likely am2+?

3. darkwade

darkwade

ill tell you one thing its only a 1 out of 10 bet that its that graphics card

4. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

5. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

NOTE: After plugging it into another computer it seems to work fine, which leads me to believe it is something to do with the graphics card. However, my friend that I spoke of put it in his computer and it worked just fine.

6. darkwade

darkwade

hmm why didn't you try the graphics card in his cp while you were at it? Ive had trouble with as rock too lol. I was right about it being a amd build too, not that i would ever diss amd I only use amd I my self am running the same chipset.

what ram are you using? what cpu are you using?

just to get things right you tested the mother board out at a friends house and it booted ?

7. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Everything comes on on the motherboard, all the fans start spinning and I can hear the HDD booting up, there just isn't a picture on the monitor. I plugged it into the laptop I'm currently on and it seems to work fine. So this leads me to believe that it has something to do with the graphics card. The graphics card was tested on my friends computer, and it worked fine.

Let me ask you something...do I need to plug anything into the graphics card once it's been plugged in to the green PCIE x16 2.0 slot?

8. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

Oh wait, I didn't test the graphics card...
    But if the fan is coming on then that means it works, correct?

9. darkwade

darkwade

unless it takes a 6 or 8 pin power cable no. what leads me to believe its the mother boards is that a component in the mother board called the northbridge fails alot it seems to be the leading cause of the no picture problem. this happens way more in the $40 - $80 price range, its happened to me 4 times and I research my motherboards very well.

but it could also be the cpu rare with am3 or the RAM still rare but has happend to me once.

if you give me more info on the other parts I could give you a better idea what one is having the problem "sruggs"

10. replay

replay

did u plug in the 4 pin power plug on the mobo
    this one

Attached Files:

11. Razorcane

Razorcane Thread Starter

That says 8-pin, but I do have an extra 4-pin hanging from the psu...don't tell me that's the problem lol

12. darkwade

darkwade

well ya that would also do it cant belive I missed that

13. replay

replay

4 pins are covered ...just plug in the 4 from the power supply

14. darkwade

darkwade

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice