Solved: Fresh XP installation, cant connect to router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

x_saosin_x

I hope someone might be able to help.

I have reformatted my c: drive and installed XP (I have done it hundreds of times) but I had to use my dads old copy as IV lost my disc.

Normally after I install xp, I have some network drivers for my LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR. which are Integrated Marvell Gigabit-LAN driver for Win2K/XP. Normally after I install them I can go straight on the internet through my BT home hub.

But this time it doesn’t seem to work, and it won’t show up in my network connections. The green light is on, on the network port but not the orange connectivity light. There are 2 sockets on the back and IV tried both, and I have tried a different cable and different socket in the router. I have put SP2 on but still nothing, and SP3 and nothing again. I have un-installed and re-installed so many time.

When I put the routers i.p in the browser, I can’t see into it.

IV run out of things to try, and patience so any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Phil.

etaf

Wayne
you have marked as solved ?

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel > system > XP hardware Tab, device manager button >

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

As you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy across to the faulty PC

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
------------------------------------------------------------------------
i will also move across to networking forum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts