Solved: Fresh XP Pro cleanup, Windows Messenger won't go away!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nostzz

So at this point it's become a grudge. It's only a few MB but in the past I've never been able to remove it and it's just pissing me off.

Windows Messenger must be vaporized! :mad::mad::mad:

What I've done already:

1. Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components
Unchecked the box by Windows Messenger, clicked next and restarted. Still 2.02 MB of it in C:\Program Files\Messenger

2. C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf
Changed the msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 line to msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7
Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components
Unchecked box by both Windows Messenger lines, clicked next and restarted. Folder still exists, same size.

Not sure what else to do. Help please.

I was researching another problem and stumbled on your post. Used the second solution and it work great! Just rebooted an no MS Messenger!

What I'd like to have is a "universal" IM client, so long as it supports Google Talk (both keyboard and audio).

Any ideas ??

Thanks for your help !!

bob
<><

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online