Solved: Friends IE Hyjacked By Yoogee.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jparr111

I suggested Ad Aware and Spy-Bot to start with. (Windows 98)
Run virus protection
Restart computer.
I'm no expert by any means. Is this enough??
More info...
She uses Ad Aware daily. Also... was trying to download AVG when the problem started. ( I don't think related)
More info...
Seems she deleted her McAfee before downloading(it never finished) AVG.
I see more than yoogee problems ahead.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
I have not heard of that one, can you get a hijackthis log from the machine?

jparr111

I've been researcing(google) this. Seems it does exist. (old one)
As for LOG... She's a lurker here. I posted shortcut there to here. Told told her to join and ask for help.
Told her to ask what to do and be patient.

She removed her McAavee before what her brother-in-law told her she needed...AVG.

I'm sure she is VERY infected now.

jparr111

cybertech said:
I have not heard of that one, can you get a hijackthis log from the machine?
I feel stupid. Her IE has been hyjacked. Yoogee is what she gets.
I sure hope she follows my advise and joins and posts here.

I am the friend whose IE was Hyjacked By Yoogee. I found "Internet Optimizer" in my system and Un-Installed it. YooGee is now gone and I have my Internet Explorer back. From searching about this "thing" I understand there are probably more unwanted files that "Optomizer" has attached to my computer. Thank you both for your help.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Good for you on finding and removing that junk! :) Feel free to post a log to this thread if you would like to and I'll be happy to offer suggestions.

BTW, Welcome to TSG!!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I will probably come back to this thread very soon as I am sure that there are other things that Optimizer has planted in my computer. As for now I am going to try to take a break from these problems. My computer is running pretty good...for now. Thanks again.

jparr111

Kmisses...
When you have some time...
Make a request here on how to run a log. Once you've run one and posted here...
The experts like cybertech can find other possible problems and help you fix them
Glad to hear things are better.

jparr111

No...
This is a log you will aquire from running a small program called "Hyjack This".
When your ready... post a question about how to get and use Hyjack this. I'm afraid I would just confuss you.
You can use this thread for the question.
It's not really hard when an expert is helping you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online