Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I am also worried. I have three Hotmail accounts, which I need for separate business. At the moment, with Windows Live, I can have all three in-boxes, sent messages, draft messages, and other folders for each account visible on the left-hand side of the page. How is this going to work when this Outlook programme 'upgrades' me? Presumably this programme will not simply give me three new addresses - and allow me to have the same display and layout as I have now?

The idea of losing access to e-mails is inexcusable.

This is yet another example of people interfering with something which works perfectly well, simply because they think 'different' is better.

Thank you.

pcnd5584, do you mean that you are using the Windows Live Mail (email client)? That is not involved in the Outlook/Hotmail web mail interface.

Outlook.com / Hotmail.com / Live.com are one of the same thing. When you go to either site, it will redirect you to the same log in screen. The E-Mail address will not be changed, just remember to type the full email address as you have been doing online.

pcnd5584, you will not (should not) lose emails if you are using a client. Also the server settings are the same, just the username will be the full E-Mail account name with your password.

I did a test and confirm that the @outlook.com will not be your new e-mail. I have now 2 accounts with the same username but with both @hotmail.com and @outlook.com.

Everyone - please note that Microsoft will force Hotmail.com to go to the Outlook.com format. Microsoft did this with Hotmail a few years back and forced the change to what you see today. The change appears to make their website feel like the new Windows 8 Mail.

I do not know how to scroll
Scroll means to move the page or menu (visible part) up or down or left or right to see more of it. Typically there is a "scroll bar" on the right (sometimes left) side or bottom where you can scroll by dragging the slider or clicking above or below or to one side of it.

do not see the " get back to hotmail " !
Maybe because of your scroll issue, or maybe that option has been removed since they intend to move everybody from hotmail to the outlook interface by the end of summer.

My Hotmail account has also been hijacked by Outlook. I was very excited when I saw Anne's response above, however, it no longer works. Now when you hit the gear-shaped icon your only choices are reading pane, more mail settings, help, and feedback. None of these options allows you to change your account back to hotmail.

I HATE OUTLOOK WITH A PASSION!!!!!

Under help it now states under "Why can't I switch back to Hotmail?"

Over time Hotmail will be pahsed out and Outlook.com will be the free email service from Microsoft. As part of this transition, we've removed the option to switch back to Hotmail.

I HATE OUTLOOK WITH A PASSION!!!!!
Then you will hate Windows 8's mail program... it's essentially the same hence the change... ;)

also they either bought out or in partnership with Skype, so now Windows Messenger / MSN Messenger is now Skype.

Yes Hotmail has definitely now changed to Outlook without the option or preference of changing it back and the same with Skype. I can just about get along with Outlook but Skype is a total different kettle of fish. Freezes, no winks, can't save privately on your computer, the list goes on. Have microsoft sold out because they had to or were paid enough or have they bought the others out? I neither know nor care. I will keep using Outlook, purely because at the moment I have no option as would take too long to swap all over to gmail as is my plan but Skype? Binned. Would rather use IM+ on my phone or tablet. Still can't send winks but a lot easier to use. Judging from comments on here, MS have made a big mistake. What happened to customer surveys so we can have a say in what we want? After all, we the consumer are the ones who have to use these programmes! :mad:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.