1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: From Outlook.com back to Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sweetwater, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. denka

denka

:D:D:DI just went to U TUBE and found the answer and it WORKED; YEAH!
    In your outlook/hotmail page account Go to the settings tab in the top right hand corner that looks like the round flower disk kind of thing. Click it and scroll to the bottom where it says Go Back To Hotmail and click on it and Wa La, it will take a second or two and it goes back to your Hotmail !! ;)I am so happy to have Hotmail back. :D Hope all goes well.

2. Lolvvv

Lolvvv

I had the same thing happend and foudn this strand, Anne's advice worked for me. I was begginning to panic...

"It is very easy to switch back to hotmail once you've tried the outlook version: all you have to do is click on the gear icon near the top right corner and then select "Switch back to hotmail".

Find screenshots here: http://dottech.org/web/75517/how-to-...ck-to-hotmail/

3. notateckie

notateckie

Anne, you're the BEST! :)))) I went on line searching for a way to get my Hotmail account out of Outlook (which I also HATE!) and found your answer. Simple as pie. Thanks so much. You would think that Microsoft would let you know how to get out of that simply awful Outlook. Does anyone know how to get your emails unlinked from each other (a result of our unpleasant foray into Outlook)?

4. shreen2008

shreen2008

5. dlthor

dlthor

I said "ok, let's try outlook!" I HATED IT! I accidentially found the way to go back to hotmail, then in a hurry, to sign out and all I accidentially went BACK to Outlook. Now I cannot get back to hotmail. SOMEONE needs to tell hotmail we love them and HATE outlook!! Can anyone help me get back to hotmail.....for the 2nd time. (possibly not the last - giggle).
    :confused:

6. pcnd5584

pcnd5584

I am also worried. I have three Hotmail accounts, which I need for separate business. At the moment, with Windows Live, I can have all three in-boxes, sent messages, draft messages, and other folders for each account visible on the left-hand side of the page. How is this going to work when this Outlook programme 'upgrades' me? Presumably this programme will not simply give me three new addresses - and allow me to have the same display and layout as I have now?

The idea of losing access to e-mails is inexcusable.

This is yet another example of people interfering with something which works perfectly well, simply because they think 'different' is better.

Thank you.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    pcnd5584, do you mean that you are using the Windows Live Mail (email client)? That is not involved in the Outlook/Hotmail web mail interface.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Outlook.com / Hotmail.com / Live.com are one of the same thing. When you go to either site, it will redirect you to the same log in screen. The E-Mail address will not be changed, just remember to type the full email address as you have been doing online.

pcnd5584, you will not (should not) lose emails if you are using a client. Also the server settings are the same, just the username will be the full E-Mail account name with your password.

I did a test and confirm that the @outlook.com will not be your new e-mail. I have now 2 accounts with the same username but with both @hotmail.com and @outlook.com.

Everyone - please note that Microsoft will force Hotmail.com to go to the Outlook.com format. Microsoft did this with Hotmail a few years back and forced the change to what you see today. The change appears to make their website feel like the new Windows 8 Mail.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  10. katyana

katyana

I tried outlook , do not like it .
    Want to go back to hotmail , Thanks

what should I do ?

11. katyana

katyana

Hey ! sounds so easy thanks , but I do not know how to scroll ...........do not see the " get back to hotmail " !

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Scroll means to move the page or menu (visible part) up or down or left or right to see more of it. Typically there is a "scroll bar" on the right (sometimes left) side or bottom where you can scroll by dragging the slider or clicking above or below or to one side of it.

Maybe because of your scroll issue, or maybe that option has been removed since they intend to move everybody from hotmail to the outlook interface by the end of summer.

13. Arkansasman

Arkansasman

My Hotmail account has also been hijacked by Outlook. I was very excited when I saw Anne's response above, however, it no longer works. Now when you hit the gear-shaped icon your only choices are reading pane, more mail settings, help, and feedback. None of these options allows you to change your account back to hotmail.

I HATE OUTLOOK WITH A PASSION!!!!!

14. Arkansasman

Arkansasman

Under help it now states under "Why can't I switch back to Hotmail?"

Over time Hotmail will be pahsed out and Outlook.com will be the free email service from Microsoft. As part of this transition, we've removed the option to switch back to Hotmail.

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Then you will hate Windows 8's mail program... it's essentially the same hence the change... ;)

also they either bought out or in partnership with Skype, so now Windows Messenger / MSN Messenger is now Skype.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice