Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: From Outlook.com back to Hotmail

34K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  ladykat24 
#1 ·
How do I get my Hotmail email account back? I was asked to TRY Outlook.com, and I did and I don't like it. Now, I need instructions how to get my Hotmail account back without losing my email address. I feel my hotmail account was hijacked by outlook.com. Please help.

#27 ·
I do not know how to scroll
Scroll means to move the page or menu (visible part) up or down or left or right to see more of it. Typically there is a "scroll bar" on the right (sometimes left) side or bottom where you can scroll by dragging the slider or clicking above or below or to one side of it.

do not see the " get back to hotmail " !
Maybe because of your scroll issue, or maybe that option has been removed since they intend to move everybody from hotmail to the outlook interface by the end of summer.

#28 ·
My Hotmail account has also been hijacked by Outlook. I was very excited when I saw Anne's response above, however, it no longer works. Now when you hit the gear-shaped icon your only choices are reading pane, more mail settings, help, and feedback. None of these options allows you to change your account back to hotmail.

I HATE OUTLOOK WITH A PASSION!!!!!

#30 ·
I HATE OUTLOOK WITH A PASSION!!!!!
Then you will hate Windows 8's mail program... it's essentially the same hence the change... ;)

also they either bought out or in partnership with Skype, so now Windows Messenger / MSN Messenger is now Skype.

#31 ·
Yes Hotmail has definitely now changed to Outlook without the option or preference of changing it back and the same with Skype. I can just about get along with Outlook but Skype is a total different kettle of fish. Freezes, no winks, can't save privately on your computer, the list goes on. Have microsoft sold out because they had to or were paid enough or have they bought the others out? I neither know nor care. I will keep using Outlook, purely because at the moment I have no option as would take too long to swap all over to gmail as is my plan but Skype? Binned. Would rather use IM+ on my phone or tablet. Still can't send winks but a lot easier to use. Judging from comments on here, MS have made a big mistake. What happened to customer surveys so we can have a say in what we want? After all, we the consumer are the ones who have to use these programmes! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.