1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: From Vista to Win 7??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by captainron276, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. captainron276

captainron276 Ron Thread Starter

OK, all installed and doing great:) I do have one item that I have not figured out yet, so maybe some help? My Internet icon is showing a yellow exclamation and says we are not connected to the internet; but here I am. Out of all the updates and restarts only once did it not have the exclamation showing. Any ideas?

2. dukevyner

dukevyner

Hmm... Are you using wireless or ethernet?

3. captainron276

4. captainron276

Also, everything is fine in Device Manager.

5. dukevyner

dukevyner

Perhaps try unplugging the cable for a few moments or disconnecting in the network and sharing center... Clearly this only serves as an annoyance but I also would hate to see it

6. captainron276

No luck:( Oh well, am VERY pleased with the way my computer is running compared to Vista. :)

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If you have a wireless adapter and it is enabled and switched on try switching it off or disabling it, as the warning may refer to the Wi-Fi instead of the ethernet.

If it is a bogus warning it is not the first time it has appeared for people. Still no idea why it displays nor how to get rid of it. Sometimes it disappears on its own.

8. dukevyner

dukevyner

Sorry someone else may have the solution here... Good to hear that you are happy with it otherwise

9. captainron276

OK guys, will let you know if this clears up, otherwise time to mark this solved and enjoy my new Win7:)

10. captainron276

Just wanted to update all. After Tuesdays Window7 updates my Internet icon is now showing connected:) Loving Windows 7:) Fast compared to Vista...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058437