1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Front Panel Audio Ports Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JonnyFB421, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFB421

JonnyFB421 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have had this computer for over a year, when I initially got it I noticed the two audio ports on the front of the tower were not working. I double checked to see if it was plugged in on the mother board in the right spot, it was. I decided to just leave it before anything else broke, but after a year I love my computer less and am willing to take the risk ;).

When I plug it into speakers into the front audio jacks (There are two) Realtek HD Audio does not give the message "A Jack Has Been Plugged In". The back ports work fine for the record.

Specs:

Windows XP SP3

Motherboard: MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp Edition

Realtek HD Audio Manager:
    Driver Version 5.10.0.5898
    Audio Codec ALC888.

If you need any other information please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. JonnyFB421

JonnyFB421 Thread Starter

Well I got it working after much forum searching!

"Had same problem but problem isn't the chip.
    In Realtec Audio Manager, if you hover over the pink and green icons for the front panel you'll probably see they're both set up for speakers or headphones.
    To solve you first need to unplug the microphone.
    Then click on the 'folder' icon, which is just to the right of where it says 'ANALOG'.
    Then make sure you enable fron't panel jack detection and enable the auto pop-up dialog.
    Then plug the mic in, and when the pop-up asks tell it that you've plugged in the Mic.
    Suggest you disable the front panel detection and the auto pop-up afterwards as it's a right pain.
    You can get a similar end result if you use the 'Connector Retasking' facility - just right click on the pink or green socket icon.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Olly"

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259717-30-realtek-audio-problem#t1831665

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice