Solved: Front Side Bus Frequency Setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hansmax

I haven't done this in a couple of years and am kind of hazy on it. I recently bought a Mach Speed V2DP motherboard, AMD Sempron 2400+ Socket A Thoroughbred processor, and 512 MB of Kingston PC2700 DDR Ram (333 Mhz, or 266). The board is rated for 200/266/333 FSB. As you may have guessed, I'm not building a state-of-the-art system, but trying to economically get a few more years of life out of my old 450 MHz, P2 system. For front side bus frequency setting I am given a choice of 100 MHz, 133 MHz (default), or 166 MHz. I've been researching, but haven't been able to find crystal clear (which I need) instructions as to how to arrive at the correct setting. I would appreciate any input on this subject, and feel free to include the math behind the choice.

hansmax

Oh, yes - this processor is rated at 1.67 GHz, if I am to believe what I've been told.

Your FSB for that processor should be 333MHz. Since the chip performs two calculations per clock cycle your Bios FSB setting is half of 333 or 166.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online