1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Frustration: unable to install HP PSC 2115 software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CJS23, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CJS23

CJS23 Thread Starter

Hi guys

I am trying to re-install the Driver Software for HP PSC 2115.

The error message I receive is the same whether running the installation from the CD or from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=91430 .

The error message is "The file can not be accessed by the system" - see attached screenshot.

I have removed all the HP Software using Revouninstaller to no avail

I have even tried disabling all non-Microsoft Services using MSCONFIG and have run all 4 stages of the HP All-in-One Software Removal Utility at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01704046&swlinkmsg=300

System Restore is not practical due to the number of Windows Updates applied recently.

I am (stubbornly :( ) at my wit's end with this issue - maybe I should bite the bullet and get in touch with HP?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Attached Files:

2. skbachoti

skbachoti

Chris, if you have found the solution, let me know, I am suffering the same problem with 1210. Thanks in advance.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    You might also ask them ... Where's the HP Officejet and PSC Basic Software and Driver mentioned here ...
    I never Install all of HP's software ... Just the basic driver that let me scan and print.
    I can't find the basic driver for the PSC 2115 ???

4. CJS23

CJS23 Thread Starter

5. skbachoti

skbachoti

Chris, I updated the OS as suggested in the MS advices. But it still has not solved my problem. can you tell things you did that solved your problem? Thanks in advance.

6. CJS23

CJS23 Thread Starter

Hi

With respect you maybe need to start your own thread on this.

However, to be brutally honest, I did a system restore in the end and went back beyond where I wanted to but maybe back past the point where the error may ave arisen.

I then cleared the windows update cache (the upates whose sizze is 0MB ie already downloaded and maybe corrupted / innapropriate??) by following this article

http://l370.blogspot.com/2007/02/clearing-windows-update-cache-upon.html

I then rescanned for updates and re-applied them. I then reinstalled the from the Original CD and NOT from the HP Website - simply as software on the CD was NOT included in the download ie Imaging Software.

This fixed my / customer's issues though and MAY or MAY NOT work for yourself.

I would therefore advise starting your own thread.

Put a link to your thread as a reply to this Post and I, and am sure others in here (who will be far more experienced than I) - wil also be more than happy to help.

Regards

Chris

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!