Solved: Fuel Consumption Spreadsheet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TimCutler

Hello,

I keep a record of my fuel consumption. When I fill up I enter the odometer figure in an Excel spreadsheet then next time I fill up I enter the new odometer figure in the cell below the previous one.

I need to copy the last number in a column to another cell where I can then use a formula. For example, in cell A1 I enter 5,000 then copy this figure into another cell, say C123 where I can apply a formula & show the result in another cell, say F123. Then next time I fill up I enter the new odometer figure in cell A2, say 5,400 but I want this figure to replace the previous figure in C123 where the formula will be applied & again the result is displayed in F123.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Best wishes,

Tim.

etaf

Wayne
are you just trying to keep the calculation in the same place but use the latest figure

can we see an example

you could in cell C123 use the formula
=MAX(A1.A100)

now as the odemeter reading will be increasing each time
a1 = 5000
a2 - a100 = 0
so c123 = 5000

a1 = 5000
a2= 5400
a3=a100 = 0
so c123 now reads 5400

and so on upto a100
you can make the range A1 - A ? GO as high as you like
a1.a1000

TimCutler

Many thanks, etaf for your reply... I'm away from my spreadsheet right now, but I will follow what you say very soon.

Best wishes,

Tim.

etaf

Wayne
your welcome (y) thanks for letting us know
You can mark your own threads solved using the
button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner.
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online