1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fuel Consumption Spreadsheet.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TimCutler, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TimCutler

TimCutler Thread Starter

Hello,

I keep a record of my fuel consumption. When I fill up I enter the odometer figure in an Excel spreadsheet then next time I fill up I enter the new odometer figure in the cell below the previous one.

I need to copy the last number in a column to another cell where I can then use a formula. For example, in cell A1 I enter 5,000 then copy this figure into another cell, say C123 where I can apply a formula & show the result in another cell, say F123. Then next time I fill up I enter the new odometer figure in cell A2, say 5,400 but I want this figure to replace the previous figure in C123 where the formula will be applied & again the result is displayed in F123.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Best wishes,

Tim.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are you just trying to keep the calculation in the same place but use the latest figure

can we see an example

you could in cell C123 use the formula
    =MAX(A1.A100)

now as the odemeter reading will be increasing each time
    a1 = 5000
    a2 - a100 = 0
    so c123 = 5000

a1 = 5000
    a2= 5400
    a3=a100 = 0
    so c123 now reads 5400

and so on upto a100
    you can make the range A1 - A ? GO as high as you like
    a1.a1000

3. TimCutler

TimCutler Thread Starter

Many thanks, etaf for your reply... I'm away from my spreadsheet right now, but I will follow what you say very soon.

Best wishes,

Tim.

4. TimCutler

TimCutler Thread Starter

All sorted - many thanks!

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your welcome (y) thanks for letting us know
    You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice