1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fujitsu laptop keyboard showing wrong characters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beaglehound, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaglehound

beaglehound Thread Starter

Any help to correct this problem would be appreciated.
    I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. Whenever I press certain letters I get a numeric stroke. For example:

m=0
    j=1
    k=2
    l=3
    u=4
    i=5
    o=6

The only reason I'm able to type this is because I've connected another keyboard up to the laptop.

2. Selppinevoli

Selppinevoli

Most likely you have some kind of number lock feature on. It's so you can use the letters as you would a number pad on a standard keyboard.

Try to find a key on your keyboard labeled "Num Lock" and press it (you may have to hold down something like an "Fn" key while pushing the Num Lock button).

3. beaglehound

beaglehound Thread Starter

Selppinevoli~ Problem solved! You were right. The "Num Lk" key was on. Thank you for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!