1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fujitsu N5311 Video issue... Works fine in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stormmm, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stormmm

Stormmm Thread Starter

I have a Fujitsu N3511 Laptop. I preformed a windows repair, everything was Perfect! That night when I turned it on again... I got Lines all over the screen after the bios. and it wouldn't even boot to windows, the screen would go "BRIGHT" ... BUT In safe mode... PERFECT! NO PROBLEMS! I have tried reinstalling the video drivers, doesn't help...What else can I try? I have checked for spyware/malware/viruses... nothing... i did add some ram at the time of the repair... i can remove and try and boot.
    Any other suggestions?

2. Stormmm

Stormmm Thread Starter

No one has a suggestion or comment??

3. Megabite

Megabite

Where are you getting the video drivers?

4. Megabite

Megabite

5. Stormmm

Stormmm Thread Starter

No It's a Fujitsu Lifebook N series N3511. I got the driver from the Fujitsu website. The strange thing is that the Video is perfect in "Safe Mode" But in Normal there are lines all over the screen and it won't finish booting to windows. The screen goes "Bright"

6. Stormmm

Stormmm Thread Starter

As I had suspected, The video chip embedded on the motherboard was the problem. Soldered it and It's working Beautifully!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice