1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: funny deleting problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by XxShadowGhostxX, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxShadowGhostxX

XxShadowGhostxX Thread Starter

windows 7 home premium x64
    4gb ram
    2.27ghz intel core i3 dual core/4 processors.

something funny just started out of nowhere.I go to delete a picture,and as usual it asks me if im sure if i want to delete it and i click yes.However,the picture stays there and doesnt delete till after i click out of my pictures.Then i go back and its gone.Its like it waits till im gone to delete.It doesnt do it automatically like its suppose to.I tried deleting a regular file in the "my documents folder and it deleted fine.so i tried an mp3 file and there was the same problem with that not deleting till i clicked out of it.If i delete the file,i can see it go to the recyclin byn,but not leave the place i deleted it from untill i leave the folder.Then i go back and "poof" its gone!. whats up with that???

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try refreshing. It is probably gone but the window hasn't updated. Restart the machine if you haven't.

3. XxShadowGhostxX

XxShadowGhostxX Thread Starter

have tried that.didnt work.i also tried rebuilding my icon cache,refreshing and clearing my thumbnail cache to no avail :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!