1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fuzzy letters on windows XP Home edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by timex3, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timex3

timex3 Thread Starter

Hey guys
    I am running XP Home version and ever since I upgraded my browser to windows internet explorer 7 the letters on the screen are fuzzy and the computer seems to be running slower. Would you guide me step by step thru a solution Please? Thanx Timex...

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

By default IE7 turns on clear type and it's new phishing filter. If you are using a standard CRT monitor turn off clear type. The phishing filter checks web sites to make sure they are legit before loading them thus resulting in some slowdown. This too can be turned off in internet options.

3. timex3

timex3 Thread Starter

I am running new HP f1905e. How do I turn off clear type and phishing filter?

4. timex3

timex3 Thread Starter

I got it Billy. Thanx for your help! You guys are great!!! Timex...

5. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

If you are running a new HP 1905 then I don't suggest turning off clear type. If things seem 'fuzzy' then more than likely your resolution is set too low. Try setting it to the maximum your video card will allow. That is going to make things clear but small.. So while in display properties also choose extra large fonts and see how that looks. You can set individual things like the menu and title bar font sizes too. Experiment until you get things set to your liking and you will enjoy the new monitor a lot better.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice