[SOLVED] G6-233 motherboard upgrade?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mama

I have a Gateway G6-233, slot 1, I have a 500mhz slot 1 processor that I would like to put in it but can't find much on the motherboard to see if it is possible. the motherboard is Gateways part number 4000286, the website says it is a AST PII, the bios is 4A4LLOXO, Chip set 440LX. If you could just direct me to where I can get some information on the motherboard and if the latest bios upgrade will allow the upgrade I would apprciate it.
Thank you

mama

thanks for your reply, I got the s/n and the Gateway site didn't say if the last bios update changed the max processor that could be used but I found another site where a person said that the latest bios only supported the 333mhz so gave up on trying to upgrade it.
thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online