1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GA-990FXA-UDS Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 000Hedgehog000, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 000Hedgehog000

000Hedgehog000 Thread Starter

Hi

I bought a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UDS Motherboard, a PCI-E 3.0 video card and a Fatal1ty Sound Blaster PCI-E X1 sound card. Due to the heatsink of the M/B chipset I cannot install my sound card in the PCI-E X1 slot. My question is, Can I install the sound card in a PCI-E X16 slot without compromising it's safety and the bandwidth of the Video Card ?

2. Netghost56

Netghost56

PCIs are universal slots, ie, any type of card (as long as its the correct PCI config) will work- sound, video, network, etc.

If you're not gaming you shouldn't notice a difference. If heat is an issue you might need additional fans or a slot fan between the video and sound card.

3. replay

replay

that motherboard (as do alot of modern mobo's) has great onboard audio........and has a optical audio out!
    have u tried it?

4. 000Hedgehog000

000Hedgehog000 Thread Starter

I inserted it in the 4th PCIE slot and everything is working (y) About the board having a sound card and stuff yes it does, but the sound quality is better and louder through the Fatal1ty sound card. Thanks guys

Ohh and yes the computer is for gaming,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice