1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: GA-MA790X-UD4P LAN Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rydash, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rydash

rydash Thread Starter

Recently, I installed two new sticks of RAM and a new hard drive into my computer. After doing this, both my on board network card and PCIe network card do NOT identify when there is a working cable plugged into them. I cannot, thusly, connect to the internet in a wired way.

I'm at a complete loss, here. I'm running BIOS version F10c, and the NICs worked under this version up until this most recent install.

Where should I start to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

You'll need to install LAN Card drivers..What is your LAN Card model or Motherboard model? (PC make and model) If it's an integrated card, you'll need to install the Motherboard Drivers.What is showing in Device Manager for your NIC?

3. rydash

rydash Thread Starter

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've quite literally stumbled upon a solution myself!

It seems that power was not being appropriated correctly to the devices...which is why the orange LED for the onboard LAN would stay lit even post-shutdown.

After killing the power, reseating the RAM (it was seated properly, but, just a precautionary measure), both cards started working again.

Hopefully this can give someone something else to try in the future, if the need arises.

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Awesome! And yes it's always good to keep these posts for other people with similar problems. Thanks and I'm glad everything's working :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!