1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gainward Geforce 9800GTX+

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mark.assad, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mark.assad

mark.assad Thread Starter

:mad:
    After claiming warranty on my BLISS 9800GTX+ , and after approximatly a month till they accepted to give me a new one, this new Geforce 9800GTX+ came in a new box, and doesnt mention the name "BLISS" anywhere on it, it is smaller and lighter in size.

What confused me is that i cant figure out how to plug it to my Power Supply, the box says to use "1 6PIN Connector" , and the package provides one 6PIN cable, but the graphic card itself has Two available slots for 6PIN cables, now what to do ?

My power supply has couple of 6PIN Cables already by default, should I plug TWO of those 6PIN into the card, or just ONE ? Or should i simply plug 1 using the 1x6PIN cable that splits into 2 Molex, the last one is provided in the box. So what to do ? :S

Any help appreciated :)

2. BG-0

BG-0

The 2 molex to 6-pin is just for people who don't have enough 6 pin connectors by default. You don't need to use that (and shouldn't as it's nothing good).
    You should connect a power connector to both of them.

3. mark.assad

to both of them ? the box only says " 1 6PIN connector " im afraid i might over power it or something ending up killling it >.>

4. BG-0

BG-0

Wait a sec, I'll go check it out on the gainward site, but it shouldn't get overpowered or anything, at least because you plug both connectors.... T.T*

5. BG-0

BG-0

6. mark.assad

This is the product : http://www.gainward.com/product/product_detail.php?products_id=183
    So are you saying i should connect 2x 6PIN Connectors from my PSU, to my GPU ? even though it says that it requires " 1 6PIN connector " on the box ?
    Btw whats the difference between this one and the BLISS version ? Since i originally purchased a Bliss version, and got this one back from Warranty.

7. BG-0

BG-0

The BLISS version has "Extreme HD-Output" whereas the "normal" version "only" has "HD-Output".
    No idea what difference (if any) that makes. BLISS version's GPU clock is 7 MHz lower... That won't make a difference, but just noticed that... Don't think there's a real difference in these.

8. mark.assad

So anyways im gonna connect 2 x 6 pinn connectors to the GPu since it has two slots , watever the box says right ? cause i also downlaoded the pdf file from the link u provided, and it said 500 psu and 2 x pin cables ... so im gonna go for it

9. BG-0

BG-0

Yeah, yeah. Keep us posted.

10. mark.assad

will do, just as soon as the updates finish, installed a fresh copy of Vista Ultimate, installing all updates first, Sp1 and everything after that, then im plugging it in , and installing the latest drivers from Nvidia. Hopefully, the card works this time, and wont BSOD me like last time.

11. mark.assad

Absolutly amazing, the Geforce 9800GTX+ does require 2x 6PIN Connector no matter what the retarded retail box says. It has been perfectly running so far, with latest drivers and updates installed. Thanks BG-0, your work has been very much appreciated :)
    This problem is SOLVED ;)

12. BG-0

BG-0

Great that all worked out. Good luck in the future, too.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice