1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Galaxy S2 Won't Load Samsung Smart Switch Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Jim73, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

My Samsung Galaxy S2 phone won't download Samsung Smart Switch Mobile even though the description of the app says it is compatible. Samsung Tech Support says it is because it requires Android 4.2 or higher; however, I loaded it on my Galaxy Note 10.1 which has Android 4.1.2. As you can see from the attached screen shots it clearly says the S2 is compatible. Does anyone have a solution?

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    They also say this: (For Galaxy S2, old OS(GB/ICS) version can causes incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.

What version of Android is your S2 running?

Have you tried using the PC version of the software instead of the Mobile version?

And what you do mean it won't download it? You can't download it from the Google Play store? Or you can't open it once it's installed?

3. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I talked to Samsung and they say there is no firmware upgrade available. I am currently running 2.3.6 on my S2. I have not tried the PC version, but don't understand how that would work on a smart phone. When i tried to download from Google Play I got a message that said it was incompatible.Samsung said to download from the device, but I could never get to the proper site using Samsung.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You connect the smart phone to the PC with a USB cable.

5. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I know how to connect the phone to the PC, but how will that help me to transfer data from my phone to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1? I can see this might be a temporary fix until the S2 gets a firmware update, but defeats the purpose of what I am wanting to achieve.

I tried to download the PC version and now my phone won't connect to my PC.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You transfer the data from the S2 to the PC then you transfer it to the Note. The software is meant to migrate from one device to another, should be one time use. Are you looking for sync software or something else?

The S2 will not likely get any firmware updates if it hasn't already, in the mobile world it's considered an ancient device.

7. Jim73

Jim73 Thread Starter

I downloaded Samsung Keis and it was able to update my phone to Android 4.1.2 and then load Smart Switch. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice