Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Game Crashing

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Marvin trill 
#1 ·
Hi,
i brought GTA:SA 6 months ago, and have been running it on my computer. However, i had to restore my computer, and added ram to it. the ram is fine (tested) but my game will suddenly crash with "the game has stopped responding".

From event viewr i got this:
Faulting application gta_sa.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4270f18a, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003b507, process id 0x684, application start time 0x01c8682b886ff9b2.

Is the problem something wrong with vista? and wat should i do? any help is appreciated.

Marv
(p.s. the game crashes more when i use sa-mp (multiplayer) mod, than in single player mode)

#2 ·
ok now im getting more errors
when i tryt t start an application, or when im running the application i get an error:
"GTA:SA:MP: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0x77f17553 referenced memory at 0x000000ff. The memory could not be read."

so far i have:

(a) checked my memoray - ran memtest + comps diagnostic tools (all comes back clean)
(b) tried chkdsk /r
(c) tried cleaning the RAM/Modules (compressed air) - not sure if i did this right
(d) ran anti virus/spyware -clean
A little while ago i had to reinstall vista :( and have had this trouble eversince, if this helps)

hope someone can help me fix this or give me al ink on how to fix the problem

Thanks,
Marv

#3 ·
If it happens mostly in MP, then it's probably something with the mod. Make sure you're running the latest version of it, and you have the latest drivers installed, but it's a 3rd-party mod, and you shouldn't expect it to be perfect.

For the single player crashes, you could try running it in Windows XP or even 98 compatibility mode, it may help on some of the crashes. And again, make sure you have the latest patch for the game.

#4 ·
Hi,
thanks for your reply and ur help. I finally solved the problem :)

The problem is i was running GTA SA (not the mod) in compatibility mode Windows xp sp2

The problem is that if a program has to run from a cd (such as a game) and i turn the compatibility mode to winxp, it crashes :eek: (i tried this on 2 games) No idea why, but there we go.

As soon as i turned the compatibility mode off, there were no more crashes. Played the game for 4 hours, nothin :)

Hopefully this is now fixed and no more crashing, errors, etc....

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.