1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Game effecting 2nd computer's internet acess

Discussion in 'Networking' started by thefuzmixman, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thefuzmixman

thefuzmixman Thread Starter

Hey guys, I need some help for a curious problem I'm having.

While I am playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2, my girlfriend cannot access the internet on her computer. Since this is my gaming PC, I play multiple online games frequently; the problem remains unique to Bad Company 2. Also worth mentioning, online games launched on her PC do not effect my connection. For example, she logs into World of Warcraft and then I log into my game. Everything is peachy keen with no connection or latency issues.

My own guess is that my game is hogging too much of our bandwidth, but considering the roster of online games I play - it's hard to believe this one hogs so much of line that she simply cannot access the net. Not to mention, there's no latency on her end if she's already established a connection to the servers in her game.

To troubleshoot, we've tried different browsers as well. Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer all yield the same results. Other steps taken include the normal pc clean-up routine - virus scans, spyware scans, defrags, registry cleaning... nothing helps the issue other then for me to simply log out of my game.

It's quite an odd phenomena and I'm hoping someone here will have the expertise needed to chime in and give us some tips to troubleshoot this on the next level.

2. schang626

schang626

what do you mean by cannot access the internet?
    does she get disconnected completely? or just cannot browse the web?

can you browse the web on your computer with the game running?

3. thefuzmixman

thefuzmixman Thread Starter

Well, she cannot access the web or log in with her online game. I can surf the web on my pc just fine.

4. schang626

schang626

i dunno if this will help but try updating the firmware on the router

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice