1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Game installers won't run, but show as processes on TskMgr

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lilchrisdog4, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilchrisdog4

lilchrisdog4 Thread Starter

I downloaded a bunch of game torrents yesterday from The Pirate Bay, ranging from Halo to Angry Birds. Each time I open the installer for any of these games (I've tried Angry Birds:Star Wars, Portal 1, and Halo 1), Windows acts as if it's loading something, and then goes back to normal, whether I run as an administrator or not. I have Win7 64-bit, 6 GB RAM, DirectX 11, an AMD Quad-Core 2.4GHz athlon II x4 610e processor, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series graphics card. I also used Steam to run Portal:First Slice, a free demo, and it ran fine. The only problem I can think of is that they aren't the Windows 7 versions? I can't imagine that would be a problem, though. I don't know, please help! P.S. Not sure which route would be the best to most effectively optimize my PC for gaming, so any suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind I'm on a Dell All-In-One PC, so components upgrades/additions might be a bit complicated. I plan on taking the games to school on a flash drive so I can try them during my computers class on the systems there.

2. lilchrisdog4

lilchrisdog4 Thread Starter

WOW, restarted my PC and everything works fine Sorry I sorta jumped the gun posting this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1080831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice