1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Game server

Discussion in 'Games' started by metallica5456, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hey guys need some help here. I have a friend on the other side of the country that I play online with ALL the time. And I have some older games that I was wondering if it would be possible to make a server on a spare pc I have lying around so we could all play on it. I wanted to play star Wars republic commando and star trek elite force 2. Any ideas on how to do this?? The desktop I was thinking about using is a precision 380. Thanks for the help

2. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    bump bump guys..

3. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
  4. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I don't see why not. I was messing with private World Of Warcraft a few years ago. I never set up a sever for friends but was able to have my very own WoW running. There were tools and server setup instructions for WoW, so not sure about those games you have.
    I would bet there would be a bit of lag and probably a maximum your network could handle. Depends on the company you use and speeds you get. But 1 or 2 friends should work OK.

Just give a search for the game and setting up a private server. There may be a server up from someone else you guys could meet up on.

5. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    theres no public servers available anymore thats wh I wanted my own. I have 20MBps DL and 2.0MBps UL so shouldnt be too bad of a problem. But I ll try and google some more see if I can come up with anything else

6. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Is this one? http://tagclan.net/mod/republic-commando-server/
    Disclaimer!! I have a few ad and pop up blockers running so I have no idea if that site has them. It looks like a private/ public server with 32 slots.

Maybe they can answer questions on how to set one up. :confused:

7. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    for he heck of it I just started the gmae and found about 6 servers. Cool!! However I would still like to be able to have my own SO I'd be in charge of settings and stuff alos the one you linked me is a server but I couldnt get access to it. My game I guess wouldnt accept it?? It just didnt do nothing when I entered it.

8. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I'm guessing it's not actually that easy? Though that probably makes it public, and you don't have admin rights.. hmm can't find much info on how to set one up other than through the game.

Oh, and you may need to sign up with them on the website, before you can actually play on their server.. that is how it worked with private WoW servers anyway.

9. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    i tried it that way but my friend couldnt find me. Oh well its not a big deal just wantes to do it for a quick project. Thx for helping me I really appreciate it. Ill mark as solved :)

10. bajaj

bajaj

�� My friends cannot connect my counter strike 1.6 dedicated server and any
    player from the world cannot connect my server? they say its not seen
    in cs 1.6 internet tab and even i also cant find my own server ? please
    help me i have having ADSL2+ ROuTER BY AIRTEL AND I M HAVING A VERY HIGH
    SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND MY CPU IS JOINED BY A CABLE FROM THE
    ROUTER... PLEASE TELL ME THE SOLUTION TO HAVE MY SERVER ON INTERNET???

��☝��

11. bajaj

bajaj

please help me metallica

12. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hi Bajaj, you need to go here and then make your own thread. Click the NEW button and create your own thread and me and others will be glad to help you.

13. bajaj

bajaj

i have made my new thread its name is : can't see my server on internet tab in cs 1.6?? please help me very soon !!!!!
    i will be waiting for your help ...................

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice