1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Game will not uninstall

Discussion in 'Games' started by myleswest, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myleswest

myleswest Thread Starter

I downloaded a demo of PainKiller and it ran nicely, but now I noticed since I went to uninstall it....there is no uninstaller...and the game does not show on the program list of any uninstaller I try to use.
    I tried using the computers "ad / remove" program but it is not there either.
    I looked at Program Files folders and I see the folder of the game 'DreamCatcher' but it contains no self uninstaller.
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this demo?
    I run Windows XP.Home Edition.
    Thank you.

2. C141

C141

Game should have provided an uninstaller. Install the game again over what is currently installed. See if it will then provide an uninstaller or show up in Add-Remove Programs. Also you can try Revo Uninstaller.

3. aks56h

aks56h

try easy cleaner(free) and you've the add remove section there.

4. myleswest

myleswest Thread Starter

Thank you aks 56h,
    I did what you suggested...re-downloaded the demo and then used Revo Uninstaller....now the game is uninstalled.
    Thanks again

5. myleswest

myleswest Thread Starter

Thank you aks 56h,
    I did what you suggested...re-downloaded the demo and then used Revo Uninstaller....now the game is uninstalled.
    Thanks again

6. C141

C141

Well, even though you thanked the wrong poster, I'm still glad you successfully got the game uninstalled & also that you did not use Easy Cleaner.

7. black-wolf

black-wolf

8. aks56h

aks56h

my apologies i am newbie still not familiar with rules. Thank you for letting me know good day

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063114