1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gaming headset mic not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ray_of_hope, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray_of_hope

ray_of_hope Thread Starter

Hiya,

You've all been so helpful in the past so thought I would try posting again with a query... Just bought a Creative FATAL1TY Gaming Headset which is supposed to be plug and play but I cant seem to get the mic to work... I had problems getting the sound to come through but managed to do some twiddling around under control panel/sounds speech and audio settings and realised the default setting was for my VOIP phone that I have installed - switched this setting to the Nividia soundcard as default and the sound seemed to come through ok... the defualt setting for sound recording is the sound card but still cant get the microphone to work. I've trying using the headset against my skype account to test the mic and it just wont pick up anything... not sure if the mic is faulty or it's something I am doing? Any advice?

Many Thanks,

M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice