1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Gaming Mouse Replacement

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tunga, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tunga

Tunga Thread Starter

Well, my MS Intellimouse Explorer finally died :( .

So I'm looking for a similar mouse to replace it. The New Intellimouse Explorer has the horrible smooth scroll wheel which I don't consider practical for games, so it'll have to be something else. I want something wired, and most importaly I want something big. I like a mouse I can fit my whole hand on, like the Explorer. Any suggestions?

I looked at the MX 1000 but it looks a little bit expensive, plus I don't like having to change batteries (since it's wireless). Anything a little cheaper than this but of a similar physical size?

Oh, and it needs to be availabel in the UK. Even an old style Explorer (version 2 or 3 - with the stopping scroll wheel) would be fine if anywhere still sells those?

Here is the mouse I had, I think it is version 2:
    http://ai.pricegrabber.com/product_images/459000-459999/459678_640.jpg

2. Sinister_Bee

Sinister_Bee

This thread mentions some good quality mouses to be had, although they're a tad pricey - they are meant to be very good mice.

I, personally have one of these - which is what you used to have? I found them perfectly good for games.

3. Tunga

Tunga Thread Starter

That's the smaller version, The Intellimouse rather than the Intellimouse Explorer. It's okay but smaller, and I prefer something more chunky :) .

Anyway thanks for the link I'll have a look through that thread.

4. cheese

cheese

Look at the Logitech MX500 & 510. I like it fairly well.

5. Tunga

Tunga Thread Starter

After considering the thread and few other articles, the MX510 looks perfect. Thanks :) .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/351471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice