1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Garry's Mod: hl2.exe - Applictaion Error

Discussion in 'Games' started by TainTain, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TainTain

TainTain Thread Starter

whenever i run garrys mod, this error pops up:

Garry's Mod: hl2.exe - Applictaion Error

The instruction at "0x0001030f" referenced memory at "00xa142f72". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

what do i do??

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

What OS are you on? Is it Garry's Mod 9 (the free one) or the newest version? Does it happen directly after launching the game?

3. TainTain

TainTain Thread Starter

its the newest one, ran from steam... and it happens during the first loading screen, before any menus appear

4. FFS111

FFS111

Hmmm, i got the same error this morning =/ And yesterday i played it fine... Im guessing its something to do with an update or something.
    I also use the new one on steam.
    Any suggestions?

5. Flickerz

Flickerz

Omg i havent played that in a bit and i went on it in the morning and i got just the same error hl2.exe.... And i have been on many sites and seen everyone talking about it but no one knows how to get rid of it i think it is the update because there is no other reason and i guess we will have to wait for our time to the next update... lol sorry if nothing i said helped but im just going to sit back play CSS and wait for the new update

6. SomeChrisGuy

SomeChrisGuy

Yea, I just got it there and then I done the update. It still isn't working...
    This is annoying because it was working the other day!! But now its not! Please give some more suggestions because i really want to play it!

7. tacoman359

tacoman359

Heh, I haven't played that game in a while. It's happening to me too. Let's try to find out if it is happening with everyone or just certain computer configurations. What OS are you on, are you on 32 or 64-bit, what programs do you have installed, and what is your hardware configuration? I'm on Vista 32-bit and I'm having the same exact problem as you guys. If anyone is not getting this error, please post your computer configuration including all the stuff I said above. All my other computer information is in my profile and I attached a list of installed programs below.

Attached Files:

8. trendbreakr

trendbreakr

I'm having the same problem. I was able to play it two days ago but today it gave me the error.
    I launch GMod 10, it opens up the window with the loading screen, and before it gets to the menu it freezes saying "hl2.exe has stopped working". I'm using windows vista but I don't think that's the problem because I just played it without any problems a couple days ago.

9. tacoman359

tacoman359

Anything can be the problem considering how it's happening to tons of people. It could also be a Steam client update causing this, but we won't know for sure until we have more information.

10. Flickerz

Flickerz

Hmm Well i was looking and it seems to be going on with the more people that have vista, windows XP pro, Windows XP Home. Just them sort of things really.

PS.. Im not really good with computers so i will be one of the people that might not find out because of the lack of computer skills lol

Flickerz

11. trendbreakr

trendbreakr

The Garry's Mod website realised this error and sent an update to Valve.(http://garrysmod.com/)

If you try to play it again I think it'll download the update and be ready to play.

12. Flickerz

Flickerz

o thanks kool

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720627